Weather Guide in Romania, Europe
Romania is a beautiful country with a variety of climates and weather. The mild climate in the south makes it ideal for holidays throughout the year, while the higher mountains are perfect for skiing or snowboarding during winter months. In spring and fall, you can enjoy temperate days full of sunshine and lush green scenery; while summer brings hot temperatures that make swimming in Romania’s many lakes or rivers an enjoyable experience.
No matter what time of year you choose to visit Romania, you’ll find plenty to do! From exploring local attractions like Transfagarasan Highway – one of Europe’s
- Overview of Romania
- Romania Weather Month by Month
- Food and Cuisine in Romania
- Landmarks and attractions across Romania
- Hotels in Romania
- Weather Reviews and Stories from Romania
- Popular Weather Questions about Romania
When travelling to Romania, Europe it’s so important to check what the weather will be like. We have put together a month-by-month guide to show what the weather will be like in Romania throughout the year. If anything is missing or does not reflect your experience let us know and we would be happy to add it to/update our Romania travel guide.
Romania Weather Travel Guide
- What is the weather like in Romaniain January?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain February?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain March?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain April?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain May?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain June?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain July?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain August?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain September?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain October?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain November?
- What is the weather like in Romaniain December?
What is the weather like in Romaniain January? – Romania in January is a winter wonderland. The air is crisp and cool, the snow blankets everything in a soft white layer, creating an enchanting landscape. Average temperatures range from 0-5 degrees Celsius during this time of year. While it can be quite chilly outside, inside the warm pubs and restaurants you will find plenty of cozy spots to enjoy traditional Romanian dishes with friends and family. Romania’s unique climate provides tourists with ample opportunities for outdoor activities like skiing or snowshoeing on its many trails that wind through forests and up mountainsides. Or take advantage of the low temperatures by visiting one
What is the weather like in Romaniain February? – February in Romania is a beautiful time to visit, with days of sunshine and mild temperatures. The crisp winter air and white snow-covered mountains make it the perfect destination for an outdoor getaway. You can enjoy long hikes through picturesque forests or take a leisurely stroll through the cobblestone streets of the old city centers. During daylight hours, you’ll find clear blue skies with temperatures ranging from 4-8 degrees Celsius (around 40-46 Fahrenheit). At night, temperatures can drop to -5 C (23 F), so be sure to bring along some warmer layers if you’re
What is the weather like in Romaniain March? – Romania in March is an ideal time for a holiday, as the weather is pleasant and mild. Temperatures range between 6-12 degrees celsius during the day, while night temperatures drop to around 1 degree Celsius. The days tend to be bright and sunny with clear blue skies; however it can be quite windy at times, so visitors might want to bring along a jacket or coat just in case. Rainfall varies throughout Romania’s regions but generally speaking precipitation levels are low during this period of the year.
What is the weather like in Romaniain April? – April in Romania is a pleasant time of year, when temperatures start to rise and the days get longer. The average temperature during April is around 10°C (50°F), but can reach highs of 18°C (64°F). Rainfall tends to be light and scattered throughout the month. It’s an ideal time for sightseeing or outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, or visiting one of Romania’s many stunning castles. In addition, you’ll find some great festivals taking place as well that are full of vibrant colors and culture.
What is the weather like in Romaniain May? – Romaniain May is a wonderful time to visit. The days are warm and sunny, with temperatures reaching into the mid-20s Celsius. During this month, there’s an average of around 10 hours of sunshine each day so it’s perfect for exploring all that Romania has to offer! Evenings can be quite cool though, so you’ll probably want to bring along some warmer clothes. Rainfall is low in May and you may only experience a few showers or thunderstorms during your stay. You’re sure to have plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as swimming, hiking and sightseeing
What is the weather like in Romaniain June? – June in Romania is absolutely stunning. You can expect plenty of sunshine and warm temperatures – perfect for exploring the country’s incredible sites and attractions. The days are long, with up to 16 hours of daylight, so you have plenty of time to soak up the sun or explore your destination. Average daily highs range from a pleasant 24°C (75°F) along the coast, to 25°C (77°F) inland and 27°C (81°F) in the south-eastern region. Evenings remain quite mild even at night with average lows rarely falling below 13
What is the weather like in Romaniain July? – July in Romania is the perfect time to spend your holiday in this beautiful country! The days are warm and sunny, and temperatures range from 16-24 degrees celsius. This means you can enjoy long days out sightseeing or exploring nature without having to worry about feeling too hot or cold. But don’t forget to bring a light jacket for cool evenings – the nights can still be quite chilly! Rainfall is fairly uncommon during July, so you’re sure to have plenty of sunshine throughout your stay.
What is the weather like in Romaniain August? – Romania in August is hot and sunny, with temperatures reaching up to 28°C. The weather is perfect for exploring the country’s iconic landscapes – from breathtaking mountain views to beautiful beaches – or taking a break at one of Romania’s many resorts. With long days and comfortable nights, you’ll have plenty of time to take in all that Romania has to offer. Whether you’re looking for relaxing days spent by the beach or sightseeing across picturesque towns, there are plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy during their stay.
What is the weather like in Romaniain September? – September in Romania is a great time to visit. The days are sunny and warm, with temperatures ranging from the mid-20s to upper 30s Celsius (70-90 Fahrenheit). At night, you can expect cooler air as the temperature dips into the low teens or even single digits Celsius (50-60 Fahrenheit). Rainfall is moderate during this month, so it’s perfect for outdoor activities like hiking and exploring the countryside. And if you’re looking for some beach time, there are plenty of beaches on Romanian’s Black Sea coast where you can soak up the sun!
What is the weather like in Romaniain October? – Romania in October is a beautiful place to visit, with warm days and nights that are perfect for exploring. The daytime temperatures average around 18-20°C (64-68°F), so it’s ideal for sightseeing or enjoying the outdoors. In the evenings, temperatures drop to a comfortable 10–12°C (50–54°F). Rainfall is typically light during this time of year and usually comes in short bursts throughout the day. Overall, Romanian weather in October offers mild conditions that make it an excellent destination for tourists looking to explore or take a holiday.
What is the weather like in Romaniain November? – November in Romania is truly magical. You can expect cool, crisp days and chilly nights, with the occasional flurry of snow. The sun often shines brightly during the day, so make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen! The leaves on the trees have turned a deep red and orange color that makes for some stunning scenery to admire throughout your stay. It’s ideal weather for outdoor activities like hikes or bike rides along Romania’s picturesque country roads. With temperatures ranging from 5°C (41°F) to 16°C (60°F), you can easily enjoy all that this enchanting
What is the weather like in Romaniain December? – Romania in December is a winter wonderland, with snow-capped mountains, icy lakes and rivers, and picturesque forests. The temperatures throughout the month usually range from 0°C to -4°C during the day and can drop down to as low as -10°C at night. Although it’s cold outside, you’ll be kept warm by the hospitality of Romania’s people. During this time of year there are special festive markets where visitors can buy traditional goods such as ornate decorations or handmade crafts from local artisans. There is also plenty of opportunity for skiing on some of Romania
One big concern my team and I have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Romania check out the food page (Whats the food like in Romania?)
Landmarks in Romania
After the weather and food, our attention normally turns to what is there to do in Romania or whats worth visiting. We have created a list of landmarks, places or interests and attractions to get your travel journey started – What tourist attractions are in or near Romania?
The Capitol of Romania is Bucharest
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about Bucharest to get you started.
Hotels in Romania
Finally, after reading about Romania’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Romania. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Romania to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Romania.
Weather Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Romania
Romania is a beautiful place to visit, especially in the summer when the weather is warm and inviting. I have been visiting for the past few weeks and am absolutely mesmerized by the sunny days and starry nights.
The air here has an earthy smell, like fresh soil after a light rain shower. It’s clean and crisp with just enough humidity to keep things comfortable without being too muggy or stuffy. The sun shines through cotton candy clouds that move swiftly across endless blue skies, making it easy to forget how many miles away from home you are.
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Romania? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About the weather in Romania
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What is the average temperature in Romania?
- 2. Does it snow often in Romania?
- 3. Are there any extreme weather events that occur regularly in Romania?
- 4. How much rainfall does Romania generally receive each year?
- 5. Is there a distinct wet season and dry season in Romania?
1. What is the average temperature in Romania? – Romania is an amazing place to visit in the summer, with its pleasant and sunny weather. Temperatures are usually between 20-30 degrees Celsius during the day, so you can expect plenty of sunshine and warm days perfect for sightseeing or relaxing on a beach. The evenings usually remain warm as well, but can get slightly cooler after sunset which makes it great for stargazing or sitting around a campfire. Rain is not too common this time of year but some showers may be expected during your stay here – nothing that would ruin any plans though!
2. Does it snow often in Romania? – Romania’s weather is absolutely beautiful! The sun shines warmly during the day, providing a perfect setting for exploring the countryside. At night, temperatures drop and you can really feel the crisp coolness in the air. There are some days that bring rain which makes for a refreshing break from sightseeing. No matter what type of weather you experience while visiting Romania, it will surely be an adventure to remember!
3. Are there any extreme weather events that occur regularly in Romania? – Romania is known for its amazing weather and I’m getting to experience it firsthand on my visit here! The days are sunny, with temperatures that reach the low 70s. It’s perfect for sightseeing and exploring the local area. The evenings can get cool but I’ve brought a light jacket just in case. Even though it’s warm during the day, there’s still a pleasant breeze blowing in from time to time – so refreshing!
4. How much rainfall does Romania generally receive each year? – Romania
The weather in Romania is absolutely beautiful! In the summer, it’s usually sunny and warm with temperatures reaching up to 28°C. In the winter, you can expect cooler days with temperatures hovering around 0°C. The spring and autumn seasons are milder with some rain showers mixed in. Overall, Romania has a pleasant climate all year round!
5. Is there a distinct wet season and dry season in Romania? – Romania most scenic roads – to visiting historical castles and landmarks, or even taking part in sporting activities like hiking and rock climbing, Romania has something for everyone.