Beirut is a vibrant city located on the Eastern Mediterranean coast of Lebanon. It is known for its sunny beaches, breathtaking mountain views, and historical sites. There are plenty of attractions to explore in Beirut, from the bustling downtown nightlife to museums and archaeological sites that have been preserved since ancient times. The most popular landmarks include Martyr’s Square, St. George Maronite Cathedral, Jeita Grotto, National Museum of Beirut and Sursock Museum. You can also visit some of the many mosques such as Mohammad al-Amin Mosque or Hassan II Mosque for a unique cultural experience. In addition to
- Overview of Beirut
- Place of interest in Beirut
- Weather in Beirut and Lebanon
- Food and Cuisine in Beirut and Lebanon
- Landmarks and attractions across Lebanon
- Hotels in Beirut and in Lebanon
- Reviews and Stories from Beirut
- Popular Questions about Beirut
There are so many things to see and do in Beirut, Asia we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Beirut to give you a feel of the capitol. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Beirut is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Beirut
- National Museum in Beirut
- Jeita Grotto in Beirut
- Pigeon Rocks Raouche in Beirut
- Beirut Souks in Beirut
- Roman Hippodromein Beirut
National Museum in Beirut – The National Museum in Beirut, Lebanon is a must-visit for those who love to explore history. Located in the heart of downtown Beirut, this impressive museum houses an astonishing collection of artifacts that span over 5,000 years of culture and civilization. Visitors can marvel at beautiful mosaics, sculptures and jewelry pieces from ancient civilizations as well as learn more about the modern history of Lebanon through its exhibits. The museum also features a library full of books on art and culture related topics.
The best time to visit this museum is during the summer months when temperatures are milder than other
Jeita Grotto in Beirut – is one of the most stunning natural attractions in the Middle East. Located near Beirut, it is a two-part limestone cave system featuring majestic stalactites and stalagmites formed by fresh underground water which have carved out this incredible wonderland. Visitors can take a boat into the grotto and marvel at its grandeur as they cruise through its chambers filled with glittering stone formations, crystal clear pools and an array of otherworldly shapes created over millions of years.
The best time to visit Jeita Grotto is during spring or summer when temperatures are milder than winter months.
Pigeon Rocks Raouche in Beirut – Pigeon Rocks Raouche is one of the city’s most recognizable attractions. Situated on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, this spectacular spot offers stunning views and plenty of photogenic opportunities for visitors. Best times to visit are during sunset or sunrise as you can watch the sun sink into the horizon over the ocean. You can also take a stroll along Beirut’s Corniche which runs right past Pigeon Rocks Raouche and enjoy various cafes and restaurants in nearby areas. Aside from its beautiful scenery, there are plenty of activities here such as swimming, diving or just relaxing while enjoying breathtaking sunsets. It is
Beirut Souks in Beirut – is a great place to visit. Located in the heart of downtown Beirut, the Souks are full of vibrant colors and exciting sounds. The souks offer something for everyone; from delicious food and unique souvenirs to local crafts and artworks.
The best time to visit the Souks is during the day as it offers an authentic shopping experience with plenty of hustle and bustle from shoppers bargaining over goods throughout the market stalls. With its ornate architecture, maze-like paths, bustling street vendors, lively music and aromas of freshly cooked food emanating through its alleyways – this
Roman Hippodrome in Beirut – Roman Hippodrome is an ancient landmark that still stands today. Built in the 2nd century and located in the heart of Beirut, it was once a chariot racing track used for public entertainment. It’s now a tourist attraction with gardens and fountains surrounding its perimeter. The best time to visit this spectacular site is during summer when you can bask under the sun, take pictures of its majestic architecture and be mesmerized by its historical significance. Visitors can also enjoy some local delicacies at nearby restaurants or shop around for souvenirs right near the Hippodrome. There are even guided tours available where tourists
When booking a holiday in Beirut or even Lebanon one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Lebanon?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
The second biggest concern I an my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Beirut and across Lebanon check out the Beirut food page (Whats the food like in Lebanon?)
Landmarks in Lebanon
After the weather and food, our attention normally turns to what is there to do in Beirut or whats worth visiting in Lebanon. We have created a list of landmarks, places or interests and attractions to get your travel journey started – What tourist attractions are in or near Lebanon?
Hotels in Lebanon
Finally, after reading about Lebanon’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Beirut and across Lebanon. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Lebanon and Beirut to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Beirut
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Beirut, Lebanon
Lebanon was an unexpected delight. I was visiting the country to explore its rich history and culture, but I ended up discovering something even more amazing – the food.
The first thing that struck me about Lebanese cuisine is how fresh it tasted. Every dish seemed to be cooked with bright, vibrant ingredients that were almost bursting with flavor. From juicy kibbeh made with ground lamb and bulgur wheat, to succulent kebabs of marinated chicken or beef – every bite was truly a feast for my taste buds!
But what really amazed me was how much meaning each dish held in terms
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Beirut or Lebanon? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Beirut, Lebanon
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What are the best hotels in Beirut?
- 2. Are there any affordable hotels in Beirut?
- 3. Where is the safest place to stay in Beirut?
- 4. Does Beirut have luxury accommodation options?
- 5. Is it easy to find somewhere to stay in Beirut?
1. What are the best hotels in Beirut? – I’ve heard some great things about the hotels in Beirut! From luxurious boutique stays to cozy family-run guesthouses, there’s something for every traveler. I’m especially excited about the Hotel Albergo, a chic hideaway with amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea and easy access to all of Beirut’s top attractions. For a more intimate experience, The Grand Hills Boutique Hotel & Spa is an excellent choice with its stunning rooms and onsite spa. Finally, if you’re looking for something affordable yet comfortable, The Phoenicia Hotel is your best bet – it has plenty of amenities
2. Are there any affordable hotels in Beirut? – Yes, there are plenty of affordable accommodation options near the city center. From budget-friendly hotels to cozy apartments, you’ll find something that suits your needs at a reasonable price. I recommend looking online for the best deals and discounts available.
3. Where is the safest place to stay in Beirut? – Yes, it is generally safe to stay overnight in Beirut. The city has an excellent police presence and a variety of accommodation options to suit any traveler’s needs. Of course, as with any destination, it is wise to be aware of your surroundings and take the usual precautions for safety when out at night.
4. Does Beirut have luxury accommodation options? – Most hotels offer guests a variety of amenities such as complimentary breakfast, room service, swimming pools, on-site restaurants and bars, fitness centers, concierge services, laundry facilities and free Wi-Fi. Some hotels may even provide shuttle services to nearby attractions or airports.
5. Is it easy to find somewhere to stay in Beirut? – Yes! Beirut is a great place for finding amazing hotel deals. There are lots of hotels that offer discounts for longer stays, as well as special offers and promotions throughout the year. You can always check online to see what’s available – you might be surprised at how much money you can save!