Palikir, the capital of the Federated States of Micronesia, is a tropical paradise with plenty to see and do. Visitors can explore its lush jungles, vibrant coral reefs, and picturesque beaches. Landmarks include the Palikir Pass National Monument which features an ancient volcano crater and breathtaking views; Mwoakilloa Palace which was once home to tribal chiefs; and Laion Church which dates back to 1887. Other attractions include snorkeling in Yap’s renowned reef system or hiking through one of Pohnpei’s many forest trails. The city also has several museums such
- Overview of Palikir
- Place of interest in Palikir
- Weather in Palikir and Micronesia
- Food and Cuisine in Palikir and Micronesia
- Landmarks and attractions across Micronesia
- Hotels in Palikir and in Micronesia
- Reviews and Stories from Palikir
- Popular Questions about Palikir
There are so many things to see and do in Palikir, Indian Ocean we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Palikir to give you a feel of the capitol. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Palikir is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Palikir
- Pass in Palikir
- Nemaiah Valley in Palikir
- Kyoquot Sound Marine Park Reserve in Palikir
- Nitinat Lake Provincial Park in Palikir
- Strathcona Provincial Parkin Palikir
Pass in Palikir – Palikir is a beautiful and lush city in Micronesia. Nestled between rolling hills, it is the capital of Pohnpei Island. Visitors can explore the unique culture, vibrant markets, and stunning architecture that make this destination so special.
The best time to visit Palikir is during the dry season from December through April when temperatures are mild and there’s less chance of rain showers. During this period you can take advantage of all the outdoor activities such as exploring ancient sites like Nan Madol or going on an island tour with a knowledgeable guide who will
Nemaiah Valley in Palikir – is a breathtakingly beautiful destination. Located in the heart of Pohnpei Island, Nemaiah Valley is known for its lush rainforest and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. It’s also home to some unique species of animals, including the critically endangered Micronesian kingfisher.
The best time to visit Nemaiah Valley is during November through March when temperatures are cooler and rainfall is minimal. During this time, you can explore all that Nemaiah has to offer without worrying about heat exhaustion or mosquito bites! The many trails within the valley provide great opportunities for trekking
Kyoquot Sound Marine Park Reserve in Palikir – Kyoquot Sound Marine Park Reserve is a stunning place to explore. This secluded nature reserve is located on the largest island of the Palikir archipelago, and it’s home to some of Micronesia’s most pristine shoreline. The park features towering limestone cliffs, white sand beaches, crystal blue waters, and an abundance of coral reefs. It’s also one of the best places in the world for whale watching with humpback whales seen all throughout the year.
The best time to visit Kyoquot Sound Marine Park Reserve is from May through October when temperatures are cooler and visibility is better for snor
Nitinat Lake Provincial Park in Palikir – is a hidden gem located on the west coast of Vancouver Island. It’s an ideal spot for outdoor enthusiasts who want to explore nature and have some fun in the sun. The lake is surrounded by lush, green forest and offers spectacular views of the ocean and surrounding islands. Visitors can take part in activities such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, bird watching, sightseeing and more. There are also plenty of hiking trails for those looking for a bit of adventure. The best time to visit this park is during spring or summer when temperatures are milder and there’s more sunshine to enjoy
Strathcona Provincial Park in Palikir – Strathcona Provincial Park is a popular tourist destination. Located on the northeastern coast of the island, this park offers visitors stunning views of the South Pacific Ocean and lush foliage. It’s an excellent spot for hiking, fishing, birdwatching and camping.
The best time to visit Strathcona Park is during dry season which falls between March and October when temperatures remain moderate and there’s little rain. During this time, you can enjoy all that the park has to offer – from its jagged cliffs to its crystal-clear pools – without worrying about bad weather getting in your way! The area also boasts some incredible
When booking a holiday in Palikir or even Micronesia one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Micronesia?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
The second biggest concern I an my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Palikir and across Micronesia check out the Palikir food page (Whats the food like in Micronesia?)
Landmarks in Micronesia
After the weather and food, our attention normally turns to what is there to do in Palikir or whats worth visiting in Micronesia. We have created a list of landmarks, places or interests and attractions to get your travel journey started – What tourist attractions are in or near Micronesia?
Hotels in Micronesia
Finally, after reading about Micronesia’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Palikir and across Micronesia. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Micronesia and Palikir to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Palikir
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Palikir, Micronesia
Micronesia is a beautiful place filled with amazing food. As a tourist visiting the area, I was excited to try some of the local delicacies.
The first thing I tried was called Palusami—it’s made from young taro leaves that are wrapped in coconut cream and then steamed until they’re tender. The flavor is incredible! It has just enough sweetness from the coconut cream and a hint of saltiness for balance. You can also add diced onions or fish for extra flavor if you like.
It tasted even better when I realized its cultural significance:
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Palikir or Micronesia? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Palikir, Micronesia
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What are the best hotels in Palikir?
- 2. How much does it cost to stay overnight in Palikir?
- 3. Are there long-term rental accommodations near Palikir?
- 4. Are there any pet friendly hotels available in Palikir?
- 5. Is there a variety of activities and attractions near Palikir’s hotels?
1. What are the best hotels in Palikir? – When visiting Palikir, I would highly recommend staying at one of the city’s premier hotels. The Hotel New Star is located in the center of town and offers amazing service and amenities. The rooms are large, luxurious, and tastefully decorated with modern furnishings. You can also enjoy a delicious meal at their on-site restaurant or take advantage of the hotel’s recreational activities like tennis courts and swimming pool. The Grand Pacific Resort is another great option that boasts stunning views of the ocean from its location near the beachfront. With top-notch accommodations, excellent service, and an
2. How much does it cost to stay overnight in Palikir? – Yes, I’ve heard there are some great deals on accommodations in Palikir. From budget-friendly hostels to luxury resorts, there’s something for everyone! You can find discounts online or ask the locals if they know of any special offers.
3. Are there long-term rental accommodations near Palikir? – The hotels near Palikir offer all kinds of amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. You can expect high-end rooms with modern luxuries like flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi access, mini bars, room service, and more. Many hotels also offer outdoor pools and spas so you can relax after a long day of sightseeing in the city. Some even have onsite restaurants where you can sample delicious local cuisine!
4. Are there any pet friendly hotels available in Palikir? – Yes, it’s easy to find a hotel near downtown Palikir. There are plenty of hotels in the area that offer great amenities and cozy accommodations for your stay. Plus, many of them are within walking distance from all the attractions downtown has to offer!
5. Is there a variety of activities and attractions near Palikir’s hotels? – Yes, there are many budget-friendly options for staying in Palikir. There are a variety of hotels and inns that offer competitive rates so you can find something within your price range. You could also look into short-term rental apartments or even hostels if you’re looking to save the most money.