What to visit in Bosnia and Herzegovina
is a country full of natural beauty and history waiting to be explored. From awe-inspiring landmarks, to mesmerizing attractions and places of interest, there is something for everyone in this Balkan nation. Whether you’re looking to explore ancient ruins or take in the breathtaking views from atop a mountain, Bosnia and Herzegovina has it all. Visit the iconic Stari Most bridge in Mostar, one of Europe’s oldest bridges that provides stunning photo ops with its unique architecture. Explore the Ottoman influenced city Sarajevo with its cobblestone streets lined with cafes and bazaars selling
- Overview of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Place of interest in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Weather in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Food and Cuisine in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Hotels Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Reviews and Stories from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Popular Questions about Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Landmarks and places of interest
There are so many things to see and do in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Europe we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Bosnia and Herzegovina to give you a feel of the country. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Bosnia and Herzegovina is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Sarajevo
- : Mostar Bridge in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Stari Most in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sarajevo Tunnel of Hope in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Blagaj Tekija in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Vrelo Bosne in Bosnia and Herzegovina
: Mostar Bridge in Bosnia and Herzegovina – : Mostar Bridge is a breathtaking landmark. Located in the center of Mostar city, it spans across the Neretva River and is considered one of the most iconic structures in the country. The bridge dates back to 1566 and was designed by Ottoman architect Mimar Hayruddin. It stands as a symbol of peace between Islam and Christianity, with two mosques located on either side of its span.
Mostar Bridge is an absolute must-see for any traveler to Bosnia and Herzegovina! Best time to visit is from May through September when temperatures are milder, making it more comfortable for exploring
Stari Most in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Stari Most is an incredible place of history and interest. Located in the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, it was built during the Bosnian War as a means to keep citizens safe from enemy forces. The tunnel served as a major communication link between the besieged parts of Sarajevo and provided much needed supplies and food. Today it stands as a testament to resilience and strength in hard times.
The best time to visit this attraction is spring or summer when you have more hours of daylight for exploring this historic landmark. You can take an organized tour through the
Sarajevo Tunnel of Hope in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Sarajevo Tunnel of Hope is an amazing natural and cultural attraction in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Located just outside Sarajevo, Vrelo Bosne is a beautiful river oasis with lush green meadows, rolling hills, crystal clear springs, and the mighty River Bosna flowing through it. This area is great for spending some time outdoors exploring nature or taking a leisurely stroll along the trails leading to various points of interest such as Stari Most (Old Bridge), Blagaj Tekija (a Dervish monastery) or even visiting one of the many tunnels used during the Siege of Sarajev
Blagaj Tekija in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Seven Rila Lakes the city. During this period, the bridge is illuminated at night creating a breathtaking view from any angle. Visitors should take some time to admire the intricate carvings and stone masonry of the structure as well as explore its various shops and restaurants for souvenirs or snacks.
For an even more incredible experience, visitors can also swim in Neretva River underneath the bridge or try bungee jumping off it! This unique landmark offers something for everyone so make sure to add Mostar Bridge to your travel itinerary if you’re ever in Bosnia and Herzegovina!
Vrelo Bosne in Bosnia and Herzegovina -Vrelo Bosne tunnel and learn more about its history. You can also take a guided tour of the Stari Most bridge, which is one of the most iconic symbols in Bosnia and Herzegovina. From here you have a stunning view over Sarajevo, so don’t forget your camera!
At night, the old city surrounding Stari Most comes alive with vibrant colors and lights that give this place an enchanting atmosphere. For dinner or drinks, there are plenty of restaurants and cafes to choose from around here. After exploring all day it’s nice to relax with some local specialties like
Weather Bosnia and Herzegovina
When booking a holiday in Bosnia and Herzegovina one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Bosnia and Herzegovina?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
Food Bosnia and Herzegovina
The second biggest concern I and my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Bosnia and Herzegovina check out the food page (Whats the food like in Bosnia and Herzegovina?)
Hotels in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Finally, after reading about Bosnia and Herzegovina’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Bosnia and Herzegovina to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Capitol of Bosnia and Herzegovina is Sarajevo
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about the captiol Sarajevo to get you started.
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina is an incredible destination for any food lover. As a tourist, I was eager to start exploring the delicious flavors of this corner of Eastern Europe. The country has a unique blend of Mediterranean and Central European cuisines that makes it one-of-a-kind in terms of flavor and texture.
One dish that quickly caught my eye was ćevapi, or grilled minced meat sausages served with onions, sour cream, and flatbread called somun. This hearty meal is popular throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as other Balkan countries. When it arrived at
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Sarajevo or Bosnia and Herzegovina? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. Are there quality hotels in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
- 2. What is the cost of staying at a hotel in the area?
- 3. Do most hotels offer amenities like pools and spas?
- 4. Is it easy to find lodging near popular tourist attractions?
- 5. Which areas have the best accommodations for visitors?
1. Are there quality hotels in Bosnia and Herzegovina? – Yes, there are some quality hotels in Bosnia and Herzegovina. From luxurious five-star resorts to cozy boutique lodgings, this country offers a variety of accommodations that provide comfort and convenience during your stay. Whether you’re looking for breathtaking views or modern amenities, there’s something for everyone!
2. What is the cost of staying at a hotel in the area? – Staying at a hotel in the area can be quite pricey, but there are plenty of options to choose from. Prices vary depending on what kind of amenities you’re looking for and how many people will be staying. It’s always best to shop around and compare prices before booking your stay!
3. Do most hotels offer amenities like pools and spas? – Yes, many of the hotels in this area offer amenities like pools and spas. It’s a great way to relax and unwind after a long day exploring the area. The spas are especially nice because they provide an opportunity to pamper yourself while soaking up some of the local culture!
4. Is it easy to find lodging near popular tourist attractions? – It’s definitely possible to find lodging near popular tourist attractions. There are plenty of places to stay that offer easy access to the sights and sounds of the area. Whether you’re looking for an upscale hotel, a cozy bed and breakfast, or something more unique like an Airbnb rental, there are lots of great options available.
5. Which areas have the best accommodations for visitors? – If you’re looking for the best accommodations for visitors, I’d recommend checking out the areas near downtown. There are plenty of great hotels and Airbnbs with comfortable beds and all the amenities you could need. Plus, these areas have some of the best restaurants around so you can get a taste of local culture while still having easy access to all your creature comforts.