What to visit in Cameroon
is a beautiful African nation with plenty of things to do and see. From cultural landmarks, exciting attractions, and historical places – there is something for everyone in this vibrant country! Visit the bustling markets of Maroua or explore the historic Waza National Park. Climb Mount Cameroon, Africa’s second highest peak, or take a tour through Yaoundé’s Museum of Civilisations & Arts. Whether you are looking to relax on beaches like Limbe’s sandy shores or visit ancient sites such as Foumban Royal Palace – Cameroon has it all!
- Overview of Cameroon
- Place of interest in Cameroon
- Weather in Cameroon
- Food and Cuisine in Cameroon
- Hotels Cameroon
- Reviews and Stories from Cameroon
- Popular Questions about Cameroon’s Landmarks and places of interest
There are so many things to see and do in Cameroon, Africa we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Cameroon to give you a feel of the country. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Cameroon is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Yaoundé
- National Mosque in Cameroon
- Mefou National Park in Cameroon
- Waza National Park in Cameroon
- Mount Cameroon in Cameroon
- Benoue National Park in Cameroon
National Mosque in Cameroon – National Mosque is a beautiful and unique place to visit. Located in the capital city of Yaoundé, this mosque is one of the most popular attractions in Cameroon. It was built in 1985 and has since become a symbol of faith for many visitors from around the world.
The National Mosque stands out with its distinct mix of traditional Islamic architecture, combined with modern touches such as domes covered in intricate tile work and decorative minarets. The interior is decorated with colorful mosaics depicting scenes from both religious texts and everyday life. Inside, you’ll find several prayer rooms where visitors can take part in daily
Mefou National Park in Cameroon – Mefou National Park is an amazing place to explore. Located in the extreme north of Cameroon, Waza National Park offers a unique wildlife experience and breathtaking scenery. The park covers an area of 1,700 square kilometers and is home to a wide variety of African wildlife including lions, elephants, giraffes and buffaloes as well as numerous bird species such as bustards, guinea fowls and ibis.
The best time to visit this extraordinary destination is during the dry season which runs from October through May when temperatures are milder. During these months you will be able to witness the magnificent array
Waza National Park in Cameroon – Waza National Park, and Korup National Park are some of the most popular places to visit in Cameroon. Benoue National Park is located in the Far North Region, on the border between Nigeria and Cameroon. It covers an area of about 2,500 square kilometers and is home to a wide variety of wildlife including elephants, chimpanzees, hippos, lions, antelope species and buffaloes.
The best time to visit Benoue National Park is during dry season (November – May). The park offers many activities such as game drives where visitors can observe animals from their car or go on guided
Mount Cameroon in Cameroon – Thiksey Monastery services.
The best time to visit the mosque is between October and April, when temperatures are milder and more pleasant. The area around the mosque also offers plenty of interesting sights, including a nearby market where you can find traditional crafts and souvenirs. Visitors should take care to dress modestly while visiting this holy site, in line with Islamic custom.
Overall, National Mosque is a must-see for anyone looking to explore Cameroon’s culture and heritage. With its impressive architecture, vibrant atmosphere and spiritual significance, it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience!
Benoue National Park in Cameroon -Benoue National Park of animals and birds that inhabit this paradise. You will also be able to enjoy the stunning sunsets over Lake Mefou as well as explore the lush green vegetation in the surrounding areas.
Cameroon is a diverse country with many different cultures and languages so you can expect to meet friendly locals who are eager to show you their traditional way of life. Tourists are welcome here, however it’s important to respect local customs and dress appropriately while visiting any site within the national park.
Overall, Mefou National Park is an unforgettable destination for nature lovers looking for
When booking a holiday in Cameroon one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Cameroon?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
The second biggest concern I and my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Cameroon check out the food page (Whats the food like in Cameroon?)
Hotels in Cameroon
Finally, after reading about Cameroon’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Cameroon. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Cameroon to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Cameroon
The Capitol of Cameroon is ‘s capital city is Yaoundé.
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about the captiol Yaoundé to get you started.
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Cameroon
Cameroon, a country located in Central Africa, is known for its delicious food. As I explored the streets of Cameroon’s capital city Yaoundé, I was amazed by the variety and flavor of the different meals available.
My first experience with local food was koki – a type of fufu made from cassava flour and water. It had a slightly sweet taste and it went really well with a soup made up of tomatoes, onions, smoked fish, okra and peppers that gave off an incredible aroma. The combination definitely lived up to my expectations!
The next dish I tried
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Yaoundé or Cameroon? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Yaoundé, Cameroon
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What are the best hotels in Cameroon?
- 2. Are there any affordable accommodations in Cameroon?
- 3. Is it safe to stay in the hotels of Cameroon?
- 4. How easy is it to find a hotel near popular attractions in Cameroon?
- 5. What amenities do most hotels in Cameron offer guests?
1. What are the best hotels in Cameroon? – I’m looking for the best hotels in Cameroon to stay at during my trip. I want somewhere that provides a comfortable, luxurious experience with great amenities. Any recommendations?
2. Are there any affordable accommodations in Cameroon? – Yes, there are many affordable accommodation options in Cameroon. From cozy guesthouses to budget-friendly hotels and self-catering apartments, you can find something that fits your needs without breaking the bank. Prices vary depending on the season, but you’re sure to find something that meets your budget’s requirements. With its diverse landscape of beaches, mountains and rainforests, Cameroon is a great destination for any traveler looking for an unforgettable experience at an affordable price!
3. Is it safe to stay in the hotels of Cameroon? – I’m wondering if it’s safe to stay in the hotels of Cameroon. I’ve heard some stories about people not feeling secure in certain parts of the country, so I want to make sure that wherever I end up sleeping is safe and comfortable.
4. How easy is it to find a hotel near popular attractions in Cameroon? – Finding a hotel near popular attractions in Cameroon is quite easy. Many hotels are located close to the main tourist destinations, making it convenient for visitors to explore the area. The prices tend to be reasonable and there are plenty of options available so you’re sure to find something that fits your budget and needs.
5. What amenities do most hotels in Cameron offer guests? – Most hotels in Cameron offer guests wonderful amenities to make their stay comfortable and enjoyable. From complimentary breakfast buffets to pools, fitness centers and spas, there’s something for everyone. Many hotels also provide free Wi-Fi access as well as shuttle services that can take you anywhere around town. Plus, most of them have onsite restaurants or bars so you can grab a bite or sip on a cocktail without having to leave the hotel!