What to visit in Israel
is a land of unique beauty and culture, boasting many attractions to explore. From the historical walls of Jerusalem’s Old City to the stunning Dead Sea, there is something for everyone in this remarkable country. Whether you’re looking for some ancient history or modern entertainment, Israel has it all! Its cities are full of landmark sites such as Masada – an ancient fortress standing atop a rock plateau overlooking the Dead Sea – and Yad Vashem – Israel’s official memorial to victims of the Holocaust. Nature lovers will find plenty to enjoy with its many outdoor activities like kayaking on the Jordan River
- Overview of Israel
- Place of interest in Israel
- Weather in Israel
- Food and Cuisine in Israel
- Hotels Israel
- Reviews and Stories from Israel
- Popular Questions about Israel’s Landmarks and places of interest
There are so many things to see and do in Israel, Middle East we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Israel to give you a feel of the country. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Israel is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Jerusalem
- : Western Wall in Israel
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Israel
- Masada in Israel
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum in Israel
- Dead Sea. in Israel
: Western Wall in Israel – : Western Wall is one of the most historic and important sites in the world. Located in Jerusalem’s Old City, it is a place of pilgrimage for Jews around the world who come to pray at its walls. The Western Wall is believed to be part of an ancient Jewish temple that was destroyed by the Romans over 2,000 years ago. It has been a site of prayer since then and remains an important symbol for both religious and cultural reasons.
The best time to visit this incredible landmark is during Shabbat (Friday night – Saturday night). During this holy day you can experience traditional prayers from devout worsh
Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Israel – Church of the Holy Sepulchre is an ancient fortress built by King Herod in the first century BC. Located on a natural plateau overlooking the Dead Sea, Masada is one of the most impressive sites in Israel and around the world. The views from here are breathtaking, with a wide range of desert landscape stretching out below you.
The best time to visit Masada is during spring or fall when temperatures are milder and there’s less chance of rain. It’s also worth noting that it can get very hot during summer months so be sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen! You’ll need at least half a day to
Masada in Israel – Masada
The Dead Sea is located in the Middle East, between Israel and Jordan. It’s the lowest point on Earth at 417 meters below sea level! The salty water of this remarkable lake makes it a popular destination for tourists from all around the world.
The waters of the Dead Sea are renowned for their therapeutic properties, as well as being incredibly buoyant – making swimming an interesting experience! It also has many unique features such as mud baths which can help with skin problems, or relaxing spots to soak up some sun.
If you’re looking to explore more than just
Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum in Israel – Failaka Islandippers, or just take in the atmosphere and admire the incredible architecture. During certain times of year there are also special ceremonies that can be seen at the Western Wall, such as bar mitzvahs and weddings.
The site is open to visitors all year round, however it’s best to check opening times before planning your visit. It’s also worth noting that due to its religious significance you will need to follow a strict dress code – no shorts or bare shoulders when visiting this holy place!
Dead Sea. in Israel -Dead Sea. explore the archaeological site, so plan your visit accordingly.
The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is one of the holiest sites in Christianity and attracts people from all over the world each year. It’s also home to a variety of important artifacts, including an altar said to have been used by Jesus during his last supper as well as a rock believed to be where he was crucified.
Inside you can find chapels dedicated to different figures in Christian history and stunning frescoes that depict scenes from scripture. You can even visit tombs thought to be associated with Jesus himself!
When booking a holiday in Israel one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Israel?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
The second biggest concern I and my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Israel check out the food page (Whats the food like in Israel?)
Hotels in Israel
Finally, after reading about Israel’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Israel. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Israel to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Israel
The Capitol of Israel is ‘s capital city is Jerusalem.
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about the captiol Jerusalem to get you started.
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Israel
Israel is a foodie’s paradise, with its rich and varied culinary culture. As a tourist visiting the country for the first time, I couldn’t wait to try some of the local dishes!
One of my favorite meals was shakshuka; a delicious stew made with tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices. It’s served in an oven-safe pan so that it stays warm throughout your meal. The flavors were complex yet balanced – sweet from the tomatoes, spicy from the chili pepper and earthy from all of those herbs and spices. It had just enough heat to make my taste
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Jerusalem or Israel? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jerusalem, Israel
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What are the best hotels in Israel?
- 2. What is the average price of a hotel stay in Israel?
- 3. Are there any luxury accommodations available in Israel?
- 4. Are there beachfront properties near Tel Aviv or Jerusalem?
- 5. Is it easy to find an affordable place to stay in Israel?
1. What are the best hotels in Israel? – When it comes to finding the best hotels in Israel, there are so many amazing options to choose from. From luxury resorts with beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea, to quaint boutique hotels nestled in Jerusalem’s Old City walls, you’re sure to find something that fits your style and budget. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or just want something comfortable and convenient during your visit, Israel has plenty of excellent accommodation options.
2. What is the average price of a hotel stay in Israel? – I’m visiting Israel for the first time and I’ve been hearing a lot about the incredible culture and experiences here! I’m trying to figure out how much it will cost me to stay in a hotel while I’m here. How much does an average hotel stay cost in Israel?
3. Are there any luxury accommodations available in Israel? – Yes, there are many luxurious accommodations available in Israel. From beachfront resorts to chic city hotels and elegant boutique lodgings, you can find the perfect place to stay during your visit. Whether you’re looking for a lavish spa experience or an intimate setting with stunning views, Israel has something for everyone.
4. Are there beachfront properties near Tel Aviv or Jerusalem? – Yes, there are plenty of beachfront properties near Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Whether you’re looking for a cozy cottage steps away from the sand or a luxurious villa with sweeping ocean views, you’ll find it all along this stunning coastline. From sunbathing to swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, enjoying the vibrant nightlife of Tel Aviv or exploring ancient holy sites in Jerusalem, this region has something for everyone!
5. Is it easy to find an affordable place to stay in Israel? – Yes, there are plenty of affordable places to stay in Israel. From cozy guesthouses and boutique hotels to camping grounds and hostels, you’ll find an accommodation that fits your budget. Depending on the time of year you visit, you might even be able to snag a great deal on a room or apartment rental.