What to visit in Kazakhstan
is an exciting destination that offers a wealth of fascinating things to do and see. From awe-inspiring ancient landmarks to vibrant cultural attractions, there’s something for everyone in this unique country. Explore the beautiful mountain scenery at Big Almaty Lake, take a walk through Kazakhstan’s history at Bayterek tower or visit the incredible Ishim River banks – it’s all here! You can also marvel at majestic architecture such as the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation or discover traditional crafts like Kazakh embroidery. Whether you want to relax and enjoy nature or experience culture
- Overview of Kazakhstan
- Place of interest in Kazakhstan
- Weather in Kazakhstan
- Food and Cuisine in Kazakhstan
- Hotels Kazakhstan
- Reviews and Stories from Kazakhstan
- Popular Questions about Kazakhstan’s Landmarks and places of interest
There are so many things to see and do in Kazakhstan, Asia we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Kazakhstan to give you a feel of the country. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Kazakhstan is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Astana
Khan Shatyr in Kazakhstan
- Bayterek Tower in Kazakhstan
- Almaty Tower in Kazakhstan
- Chimbulak Ski Resort in Kazakhstan
- Nur-Astana Mosque. in Kazakhstan
Khan Shatyr in Kazakhstan – :
Khan Shatyr is a unique and breathtaking attraction. Located in the capital city of Astana, it is an architectural marvel with a special design that allows visitors to enjoy the outdoors while still staying under cover. It was built as part of a redevelopment project for the city and stands out due to its immense size and incredible structure. Khan Shatyr is one of most popular tourist attractions in Kazakhstan, drawing millions of visitors every year.
The impressive building measures 150 meters tall at its highest point – making it taller than the Statue of Liberty – and has a total floor area covering 140,000 square meters! Inside
Bayterek Tower in Kazakhstan – Bayterek Tower is a breathtaking sight. Standing tall at 371 meters, it stands as the tallest free standing structure in Central Asia. Located in Almaty, Kazakhstan, this tower offers amazing panoramic views of the city and its surroundings from the observation deck located at an altitude of 300 meters.
The best time to visit this attraction would be during summer when temperatures are mild and pleasant for outdoor activities like hiking or sightseeing near the city center. The tower is also popular for its ski resort which provides excellent opportunities for winter sports enthusiasts looking to enjoy some thrilling downhill slopes or slalom runs around
Almaty Tower in Kazakhstan – Almaty Tower
Nur-Astana Mosque is one of Kazakhstan’s most iconic landmarks. Located in Astana, the country’s capital city, it is an architectural marvel and a symbol of Kazakhstan’s religious and cultural heritage. Built between 2003 and 2005, Nur-Astana Mosque stands as one of the largest mosques in Central Asia with its impressive five-story construction rising up to 100 meters high.
Visitors can admire the mosque from afar for its beauty or explore inside to find stunning interiors such as intricate tile work, colorful carpets, stained glass windows and ornate chandeliers that
Chimbulak Ski Resort in Kazakhstan – Burana Tower, Khan Shatyr is filled with a range of activities and entertainment options, including a shopping mall, restaurants and cafes, an amusement park, cinemas, bowling alleys and even an indoor beach.
The best time to visit Khan Shatyr is during the summer months when temperatures are pleasant. The building has its own climate-controlled environment so you can still enjoy your visit no matter what the weather outside may be like! You can also take advantage of various cultural events that often take place here such as concerts or art exhibitions.
Khan Shatyr is truly a
Nur-Astana Mosque. in Kazakhstan -Nur-Astana Mosque. the tower.
At the base of the Bayterek Tower lies a symbolic structure called “Tree of Life”. It is believed that this tree will bring happiness and prosperity to anyone who touches it. The place also hosts many cultural events like concerts and conferences throughout the year, making it an ideal destination for tourists looking to experience Kazakh culture in all its glory.
Visitors can enjoy some shopping or grab a bite at one of many eateries located nearby while they explore this breathtaking landmark. With its unique architecture and stunning views, Bayterek Tower is definitely worth visiting if you’re
When booking a holiday in Kazakhstan one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Kazakhstan?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
The second biggest concern I and my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Kazakhstan check out the food page (Whats the food like in Kazakhstan?)
Hotels in Kazakhstan
Finally, after reading about Kazakhstan’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Kazakhstan. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Kazakhstan to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Kazakhstan
The Capitol of Kazakhstan is Astana
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about the captiol Astana to get you started.
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan is a land of rich food culture, and I am so lucky to have the opportunity to experience it!
My first taste was beshbarmak. This traditional dish consists of boiled meat with noodles served on large plates. It’s usually eaten with your hands and can be cooked in various ways. The flavor is unique, as the rich broth has a hint of garlic that really brings out the flavors of the noodles and meat. What makes this dish even more special is its cultural significance—it’s said to have been served at many Kazakh weddings for centuries!
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Astana or Kazakhstan? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Astana, Kazakhstan
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What are the best hotels in Kazakhstan?
- 2. Are there luxury accommodations available near major cities?
- 3. Where can I find affordable, comfortable lodging options?
- 4. How safe is it to stay at a hotel in Kazakhstan?
- 5. Is it easy to book a hotel room online in Kazakhstan?
1. What are the best hotels in Kazakhstan? – Kazakhstan has so many great hotels to choose from. If you’re looking for something luxurious, the Rixos President Astana is a popular spot. It’s situated in the heart of downtown and boasts stunning views of the city skyline, as well as plush amenities like an on-site spa and restaurant. For a more budget-friendly option, try the Khan Shatyr Entertainment Centre Hotel which features comfortable rooms at reasonable prices. Whatever your needs may be, there’s sure to be a hotel that suits them in Kazakhstan!
2. Are there luxury accommodations available near major cities? – Yes, there are plenty of luxury accommodations near major cities. Whether you’re looking for a cozy bed and breakfast or a five-star hotel, you’ll find something to suit your needs. You can also enjoy the convenience of being close to all the attractions and amenities that come with living in a big city.
3. Where can I find affordable, comfortable lodging options? – I’m looking for somewhere to stay where I can find affordable and comfortable lodging. Do you have any suggestions?
4. How safe is it to stay at a hotel in Kazakhstan? – It’s generally safe to stay at a hotel in Kazakhstan. Crime levels are low, and the people are friendly and hospitable. The climate is also quite pleasant – temperatures in the summer months range from warm to hot during the day, but cool off nicely at night so you’ll always get a good night’s sleep!
5. Is it easy to book a hotel room online in Kazakhstan? – Yes, it’s very easy to book a hotel room online in Kazakhstan. There are lots of great options available, so you can find something that fits your budget and needs. Plus, most websites allow you to view photos, read reviews and compare prices before making your decision. So it’s definitely worth taking the time to explore all of your options!