What to visit in Laos
is an amazing destination for travelers looking to explore Southeast Asia. With its stunning landscapes, friendly locals and unique culture, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful country. From the majestic temples of Luang Prabang to the adventure-filled mountains of Vang Vieng, you’ll be sure to find plenty of things to do and see in Laos. Visit ancient Buddhist monasteries like Wat Phu or marvel at breathtaking waterfalls like Tad Sae. Take a boat trip down the Mekong River or try your hand at rock climbing in Vientiane. Whether you’re
- Overview of Laos
- Place of interest in Laos
- Weather in Laos
- Food and Cuisine in Laos
- Hotels Laos
- Reviews and Stories from Laos
- Popular Questions about Laos’s Landmarks and places of interest
There are so many things to see and do in Laos, Asia we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Laos to give you a feel of the country. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Laos is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Vientiane
- : Wat Phu in Laos
- Kuang Si Waterfall in Laos
- Plain of Jars in Laos
- Vang Vieng River Tubing in Laos
- Tad Sae Waterfalls in Laos
: Wat Phu in Laos – : Wat Phu is a stunning ancient Khmer temple complex, located at the foot of Mount Phu Kao. This incredible site is believed to be one of the oldest and most impressive religious monuments in Southeast Asia, with its origins dating back more than 1000 years. Wat Phu offers visitors an incredibly unique experience; it’s like stepping back in time as you explore the ruins, admire traditional structures and gain insights into Laos’ rich cultural heritage. The best time to visit Wat Phu is during dry season (November-April) when temperatures are cooler and humidity levels lower – making for comfortable sightseeing conditions. You
Kuang Si Waterfall in Laos – Kuang Si Waterfall is an archaeological site located in Laos, situated on the plateau of Phonsavan. It is a collection of more than 2,000 large stone jars spread across the landscape that are believed to be at least 2,500 years old. The Plain of Jars has become a popular tourist attraction due to its mysterious history and unique landscape.
Visitors come from all over the world to explore this ancient wonderland and discover what secrets it might hold. There is no definitive answer regarding who made these giant stone vessels or why they were created but some theories suggest that they may have been used for burial
Plain of Jars in Laos – Plain of Jars is a popular tourist destination in Laos. It is located in the middle of Luang Prabang, one of the oldest and most beautiful cities in Laos. The waterfall is surrounded by lush jungle vegetation with spectacular views over the Mekong River and surrounding hillsides.
Tad Sae Waterfalls offers breathtaking views of cascading turquoise water falling into emerald green pools below. Visitors can take a longtail boat ride to reach this majestic spot or hike up from the bottom for an even more memorable experience. Once there, travelers can enjoy swimming, sunbathing on nearby rocks,
Vang Vieng River Tubing in Laos – Silver Pagoda’ll need to take a tuk-tuk from the city of Champasak (about 20 miles away) and it’s well worth getting up early for the journey as you’ll want to spend plenty of time exploring this incredible site. Don’t forget your camera, as there are plenty of photo opportunities – including gorgeous views over the Mekong River Valley and beyond.
Tad Sae Waterfalls in Laos -Tad Sae Waterfalls purposes or as a way of storing food and water.
The best time to visit the Plain of Jars is during the dry season which starts in November and ends in April. During this period, temperatures are milder and there’s less chance of rain making it more comfortable for exploring. It also allows easier access to some areas that may be difficult to reach during the wet season.
The area around Kuang Si Waterfall can get quite crowded so it’s important to plan your trip accordingly if you want to make the most out of your experience. Make sure
When booking a holiday in Laos one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Laos?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
The second biggest concern I and my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Laos check out the food page (Whats the food like in Laos?)
Hotels in Laos
Finally, after reading about Laos’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Laos. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Laos to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Laos
The Capitol of Laos is Vientiane
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about the captiol Vientiane to get you started.
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Laos
Laos is one of my favorite places to visit. There’s so much culture, adventure and most importantly, amazing food! I recently visited the city of Luang Prabang and had a chance to try some local dishes that were totally out of this world.
First up was Khao Soi, which is a traditional Lao dish made with noodles in coconut milk. It has such a rich flavor with just the right amount of sweetness. The textures are also really nice because you get crunchy peanuts and chewy noodles in every bite. Plus it’s served with pickled mustard greens
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Vientiane or Laos? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vientiane, Laos
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What are the best hotels in Laos?
- 2. Are there any luxury accommodation options in Laos?
- 3. How much does it cost to stay in a hotel in Laos?
- 4. Are there any unique lodging experiences I can find near Laos?
- 5. What amenities should I expect from hotels when staying in Laos?
1. What are the best hotels in Laos? – If you’re looking for a great place to stay in Laos, there are several highly-rated hotels that come recommended. From luxurious beachfront resorts in Vientiane to charming boutique guesthouses in Luang Prabang, you can find the perfect accommodation for your trip. Many of these hotels offer breathtaking views and top-notch amenities like spas, pools, and fine dining restaurants. With so many wonderful options available, it’s hard to pick just one!
2. Are there any luxury accommodation options in Laos? – Yes, there are quite a few luxury accommodation options in Laos. From high-end hotels and boutique resorts to private villas and cabins, you’ll be able to find something that suits your preferences. The scenery around the country is stunning, so taking advantage of the views offered by some of these places can really add to your stay. You can also expect top quality amenities like spas and fine dining restaurants in most of these accommodations.
3. How much does it cost to stay in a hotel in Laos? – Staying in a hotel in Laos can vary depending on the location and amenities. Prices tend to range from modestly priced rooms for budget travelers, to luxurious suites with all the bells and whistles. Do some research online or ask locals for recommendations to find a place that fits your needs and budget!
4. Are there any unique lodging experiences I can find near Laos? – Yes! Laos offers plenty of unique lodging experiences. From rustic bungalows nestled in the jungle to luxury villas perched atop mountains, there’s something for everyone. Many hotels and resorts offer packages that include traditional cultural experiences such as cooking classes or spa treatments with local ingredients. There are even floating guesthouses on the Mekong River where you can wake up to stunning sunrises and serene views of the riverbank. With so many memorable options, it’s no wonder why Laos is a popular destination for travelers looking for an unforgettable stay!
5. What amenities should I expect from hotels when staying in Laos? – When staying in Laos, you can expect to find a variety of amenities that will make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Hotels typically offer air conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi access, cable television, room service, on-site restaurants and bars, swimming pools and fitness centers. Some hotels may even include spa services or provide shuttle services to nearby attractions.