What to visit in Malawi
is a small and beautiful nation in Africa which offers an abundance of things to do and sights to see. Whether you’re looking for an adventure or some relaxation, Malawi has something for everyone! From captivating landmarks like Liwonde National Park and the Livingstonia Mission Ruins to thrilling attractions such as the Zomba Plateau Forest Reserve and the Kande Beach, there is no shortage of exciting places to explore. And don’t forget about unique cultural experiences like visiting local markets, experiencing traditional dances at regional festivals or exploring historic sites like Fort Lister. No matter what kind
- Overview of Malawi
- Place of interest in Malawi
- Weather in Malawi
- Food and Cuisine in Malawi
- Hotels Malawi
- Reviews and Stories from Malawi
- Popular Questions about Malawi’s Landmarks and places of interest
There are so many things to see and do in Malawi, Africa we couldn’t list them all but we want to highlight 5 popular places in Malawi to give you a feel of the country. If you think we have missed anything major or if your favourite thing to do in Malawi is missing let us know and we would be happy to add it to our travel guide.
Place of interest in Lilongwe
- : Lake Malawi in Malawi
- Liwonde National Park in Malawi
- Mount Mulanje in Malawi
- Zomba Plateau in Malawi
- Lengwe National Park. in Malawi
: Lake Malawi in Malawi – : Lake Malawi is a stunningly beautiful place to visit and explore. Situated between the borders of Mozambique, Tanzania, and Zambia, it is the third largest lake in Africa. This Great Rift Valley Lake boasts crystal-clear waters that are teeming with fish species – over 500 of them! It’s also home to some of Africa’s most diverse bird life. The best time to visit Lake Malawi is during the dry season from May-October as this will give you the chance for more activities such as fishing and sailing trips on traditional boats called dhows. During peak season there are plenty of
Liwonde National Park in Malawi – Liwonde National Park is an incredible landmark that offers spectacular views and breathtaking scenery. Located in the southern part of Malawi, Mount Mulanje is the highest peak in Central Africa, standing at 3,002 meters tall. This majestic mountain provides hikers with a unique experience as they traverse through its many trails and enjoy stunning panoramic vistas from its summit.
The best time to visit this beautiful attraction is during the dry season (May-October). During this period, temperatures are pleasant and rainfall is minimal which makes it ideal for trekking up the mountain’s slopes. The area around Mt Mul
Mount Mulanje in Malawi – Mount Mulanje
Lengwe National Park is a stunning destination located in the south of Malawi. It covers an area of over 33,000 hectares and provides visitors with the opportunity to experience some of Africa’s most unique wildlife. The park is home to numerous species including elephant, wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, impala and leopard among others. Birding enthusiasts will find plenty to enjoy here as well; there are more than 250 bird species that can be found in this park alone!
The best time to visit Lengwe National Park is during the dry
Zomba Plateau in Malawi – Taman Sari Water Castle activities to keep you entertained and the scenery is truly breathtaking. If you’re looking for a unique getaway destination, Lake Malawi should definitely be on your list!
Lengwe National Park. in Malawi -Lengwe National Park.anje is home to many animals such as elephants, buffaloes and even leopards. Bird watchers can also enjoy spotting a variety of species throughout the area.
Liwonde National Park is full of wonders that will make your trip unforgettable. From its majestic mountain peaks, vibrant wildlife and lush vegetation, visitors have plenty to explore during their stay in this beautiful park. Whether you are looking for adventure or simply seeking respite from the hustle and bustle of city life, Liwonde National Park offers it all!
When booking a holiday in Malawi one of the main things to look at is what the weather will be like when you get there. Due to these common weather questions, we have created a separate page talking about what the Whats the weather like in Malawi?. This included a month-by-month breakdown of what the weather is like and questions travellers have had regarding the climate.
The second biggest concern I and my team have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Malawi check out the food page (Whats the food like in Malawi?)
Hotels in Malawi
Finally, after reading about Malawi’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Malawi. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Malawi to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Malawi
The Capitol of Malawi is Lilongwe
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about the captiol Lilongwe to get you started.
Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Malawi
Malawi is a small landlocked country in Africa, and it has some of the most delicious food I’ve ever tasted. From the street vendors to the restaurants, there’s something for everyone.
One of my favorite foods from Malawi is nsima – a thick cornmeal porridge that can be served with almost any type of meat or vegetable. It’s smooth and creamy with just the right amount of sweetness. The locals often eat it for breakfast or lunch, but I find myself enjoying it throughout the day!
Malawians also love their fish dishes. One popular dish is ch
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Lilongwe or Malawi? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lilongwe, Malawi
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What are some of the recommended hotels in Malawi?
- 2. Where can I find affordable accommodation in Malawi?
- 3. Are there any luxury resorts in Malawi?
- 4. How safe is it to stay in a hotel in Malawi?
- 5. Is there public transportation available near the hotels in Malawi?
1. What are some of the recommended hotels in Malawi? – If you’re looking for a place to stay in Malawi, there are some fantastic hotels to choose from. From beachfront resorts with stunning views of the Indian Ocean, to luxury lodges nestled within lush rainforests and national parks, you’ll be spoilt for choice! Some great hotel recommendations include the Kaya Mawa Lodge on Likoma Island, the Kumbali Country Lodge near Lake Malawi National Park and Pumulani Luxury Beach Resort & Spa just outside of Liwonde National Park.
2. Where can I find affordable accommodation in Malawi? – I’m looking for a place to stay in Malawi and I need something that won’t break the bank. Are there any budget-friendly accommodations around here?
3. Are there any luxury resorts in Malawi? – Yes, there are some luxury resorts in Malawi. From the stunning views of Lake Malawi to the lush green beauty of Liwonde National Park, visitors can find plenty of options when it comes to luxury accommodations. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or an exciting family vacation, there’s something that will suit your needs.
4. How safe is it to stay in a hotel in Malawi? – Staying in a hotel in Malawi is generally safe. The people are friendly and welcoming, and the country has a peaceful atmosphere. You may have to be aware of your surroundings, like you would when visiting any new place, but overall it’s quite secure.
5. Is there public transportation available near the hotels in Malawi? – Yes, there are plenty of public transportation options near the hotels in Malawi. From bus routes to taxis and even car hire services, you’ll have no problem getting around.