Weather Guide in Guyana, South America
Guyana is a great place to visit for those looking for an exciting holiday. It has a tropical climate, with temperatures ranging from warm to hot throughout the year. The rainy season runs from May to August and there are two dry seasons; December through March and June through September. During the wet season, it is quite humid but temperatures remain fairly constant at around 24-30°C (75-86°F). For people who want to experience the best of Guyana’s weather, then visiting between December and April is recommended since this period features cooler evenings as well as sunny days. To top it
- Overview of Guyana
- Guyana Weather Month by Month
- Food and Cuisine in Guyana
- Landmarks and attractions across Guyana
- Hotels in Guyana
- Weather Reviews and Stories from Guyana
- Popular Weather Questions about Guyana
When travelling to Guyana, South America it’s so important to check what the weather will be like. We have put together a month-by-month guide to show what the weather will be like in Guyana throughout the year. If anything is missing or does not reflect your experience let us know and we would be happy to add it to/update our Guyana travel guide.
Guyana Weather Travel Guide
- What is the weather like in Guyanain January?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain February?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain March?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain April?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain May?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain June?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain July?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain August?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain September?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain October?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain November?
- What is the weather like in Guyanain December?
What is the weather like in Guyanain January? – Guyanain January is a great time of year to visit this tropical destination! With temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to upper 80s, you can expect sunny days and balmy evenings. The humidity tends to be high in January but with the ocean breeze it won’t feel too oppressive. It’s a great month for outdoor activities like swimming, hiking and exploring rainforests. And if you’re looking for nightlife or entertainment, there are plenty of restaurants, bars and clubs that come alive after dark. So whether you’re looking for some sunshine or just want to experience Guyanain
What is the weather like in Guyanain February? – Tourists looking to take a holiday or visit the country of Guyana in February will enjoy warm, sunny days. Average temperatures for the month range between 28 – 32 degrees Celsius and humidity is fairly high. The evenings are comfortable and cool with temperatures dropping just below 20 degrees Celsius. Rainfall is moderate during this time of year; however, showers can be expected throughout the day. It’s a great time to explore all that Guyana has to offer!
What is the weather like in Guyanain March? – It is warm and sunny with temperatures ranging from the low to mid 80s. This makes it an ideal destination for a holiday, especially as there are plenty of activities to enjoy in the sunshine! From snorkeling among exotic fish in crystal clear waters to exploring lush rainforests filled with wildlife – there’s something for everyone looking for an unforgettable vacation. The humidity can be high, but this tropical climate ensures that you can relax on beaches or by pools without worrying about getting too hot. Whether you’re looking for adventure or just want to soak up some sun, Guyana has it all during
What is the weather like in Guyanain April? – Guyanain April offers a mild climate perfect for exploring the lush rainforest and visiting historical sites. The average temperature is around 25°C (77°F), with an average of 10 hours sunshine each day, making it ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking or birdwatching. At night, temperatures cool down to between 18-20°C (64-68°F). Rainfall in April is fairly low but there may be some showers during the month. Humidity levels remain relatively high throughout the day so sunscreen and insect repellent are recommended if you’re planning
What is the weather like in Guyanain May? – Guyanain May is a beautiful time of year, with warm days and balmy nights. The temperatures are mild and consistently pleasant throughout the month, ranging from highs in the mid-80s to lows in the mid-70s. You can expect plenty of sunshine as well, making it perfect for outdoor activities or simply relaxing on a beach chair! Rain showers may occur occasionally but are usually brief yet refreshing. All in all, Guyana’s weather during May offers visitors an ideal combination of warmth and sunshine without being too hot nor humid.
What is the weather like in Guyanain June? – June in Guyana presents a tropical climate with warm temperatures ranging between 25-32 degrees Celsius and high humidity. Rainfall is common throughout the month, bringing an average of 220mm of rain to the region. The days are sunny and clear, providing pleasant conditions for outdoor activities such as trekking through the country’s vast jungles or visiting its riverside villages. With average temperatures reaching up to 32 degrees Celsius, June is ideal for those looking to experience a Caribbean holiday atmosphere in this South American nation.
What is the weather like in Guyanain July? – This South American country offers tourists a warm, tropical climate with temperatures hovering around 30 degrees Celsius. July is the perfect time to explore Guyana’s lush jungles and diverse wildlife, as it is the wet season. The days are often hot and humid while rainfall is frequent but brief throughout the day. It’s important to bring along insect repellant due to higher levels of mosquitoes during this time of year. But if you’re looking for a unique vacation experience in an exotic location, Guyanain July won’t disappoint!
What is the weather like in Guyanain August? – August in Guyana is a beautiful time of year, with temperatures ranging from the high 20s to low 30s Celsius. The days are warm and sunny, perfect for exploring outdoors or relaxing at the beach. At night, the temperature drops significantly – making it an ideal time of year for camping under starlight away from the hustle and bustle of city life. With plenty of sunshine and cool nights, Guyana offers up many opportunities for tourists looking to explore its rich culture or just have a peaceful holiday.
What is the weather like in Guyanain September? – September in Guyana is characterized by warm temperatures and generally sunny skies. The average temperature hovers in the mid-80s Fahrenheit, with highs of around 90 degrees and lows of about 75 degrees. While humidity levels remain high during the day, evenings are typically comfortable and breezy. Rainfall is common throughout September, but showers are often short-lived, leaving plenty of time for outdoor adventures like exploring waterfalls or visiting national parks. This makes September a great month to visit Guyana if you’re looking for an exciting tropical getaway!
What is the weather like in Guyanain October? – October in Guyana is a delightful time of year where the days are warm and sunny. The mornings start with temperatures around 22-24°C, while afternoons offer highs of 30-32°C. Nighttime temperatures rarely drop below 20°C, making it very comfortable for outdoor activities during this time. If you’re looking for sun and warmth without extreme heat, then October in Guyana is a great option!
What is the weather like in Guyanain November? – It is hot and humid with temperatures ranging from 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. During the day, you can expect some showers or thunderstorms, although they usually don’t last more than an hour. The sun sets around 6:00 pm each night, making for a pleasant evening stroll through Georgetown’s colonial-era streets. At night, the temperature cools down significantly, so be sure to bring a light jacket when venturing out after dark!
What is the weather like in Guyanain December? – December in Guyana is pleasantly warm and sunny, with temperatures averaging between 78-86F (25-30C). The days are usually bright and sunny, but occasional showers do occur. Humidity can be high during this time of year, so it’s best to keep hydrated if you’re going out sightseeing. December also marks the beginning of the dry season in Guyana; however, evenings and nights may still bring rain showers. You can expect plenty of sunshine throughout your holiday stay in Guyana!
One big concern my team and I have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Guyana check out the food page (Whats the food like in Guyana?)
Landmarks in Guyana
After the weather and food, our attention normally turns to what is there to do in Guyana or whats worth visiting. We have created a list of landmarks, places or interests and attractions to get your travel journey started – What tourist attractions are in or near Guyana?
The Capitol of Guyana is
The capital of Guyana is Georgetown.
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about The capital of Guyana is Georgetown to get you started.
Hotels in Guyana
Finally, after reading about Guyana’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Guyana. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Guyana to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Guyana.
Weather Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Guyana
Guyana is a small country located in South America, but it packs a powerful punch when it comes to weather. It’s hot and humid all year round. The temperature can easily reach up to ninety degrees Fahrenheit during the summer months, while the winter months are slightly cooler with temperatures ranging from seventy-five to eighty-five degrees Fahrenheit.
The air is thick and heavy, making it difficult to breathe at times. There’s often an abundance of humidity that makes everything feel sticky and uncomfortable, especially for tourists who don’t have experience with tropical climates like this one. But despite the
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Guyana? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About the weather in Guyana
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. What is the typical temperature range in Guyana?
- 2. Does Guyana experience extreme weather events?
- 3. Are there seasonal changes in the climate of Guyana?
- 4. Is rainy season a significant part of the year in Guyana?
- 5. Are there any particular times of year that see higher levels of rainfall?
1. What is the typical temperature range in Guyana? – Guyana has a tropical climate which can be quite warm and humid. During the wet season, it’s common to experience heavy rainfall, thunderstorms and intense humidity. But when the sun is out, the scenery is beautiful! The bright blue skies are filled with fluffy white clouds and you’ll feel like you’re in paradise. Even during rainy days, Guyana has lots of activities to enjoy indoors such as exploring its rich culture or visiting local markets. No matter what time of year you visit Guyana, there will always be something new for you to discover!
2. Does Guyana experience extreme weather events? – Guyana’s weather is a pleasant surprise! I’m so glad I decided to come here. The days are usually sunny and warm, but not too hot, and the nights are cool. It rains often enough that everything is lush and green, but it doesn’t last long. The humidity can be high at times, but it’s still very comfortable overall.
3. Are there seasonal changes in the climate of Guyana? – Guyana has amazing weather in the summertime! It’s usually sunny and hot throughout the day, with temperatures often rising above 30°C. The air is humid and you can feel a nice breeze coming off of the ocean. There are plenty of opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and exploring nature around here. I’m just loving it!
4. Is rainy season a significant part of the year in Guyana? – Guyana
The weather in Guyana is tropical and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the high 80s. The rainy season usually starts in April and lasts until October, so you can expect quite a bit of rainfall during that time. Outside of the rainy season though, there’s plenty of sunshine to enjoy!
5. Are there any particular times of year that see higher levels of rainfall? – Guyana off, the country’s stunning scenery is an added bonus to any holiday. So come and enjoy the fantastic weather of Guyana!