Weather Guide in Lithuania, Europe
Lithuania’s climate is mild and wet, making it an ideal destination for any time of year. Summers are warm and typically sunny with temperatures reaching into the low 20s Celsius (70s Fahrenheit). There is a short rainy season in May-June which can bring thunderstorms on occasion. Winters are cold but not harsh, with temperatures rarely dropping below -10C (14F). December through February tend to be the coldest months, though snowfall is quite rare away from higher elevations like those found in the Samogitian Mountains.
If you’re looking for warmer weather, late
- Overview of Lithuania
- Lithuania Weather Month by Month
- Food and Cuisine in Lithuania
- Landmarks and attractions across Lithuania
- Hotels in Lithuania
- Weather Reviews and Stories from Lithuania
- Popular Weather Questions about Lithuania
When travelling to Lithuania, Europe it’s so important to check what the weather will be like. We have put together a month-by-month guide to show what the weather will be like in Lithuania throughout the year. If anything is missing or does not reflect your experience let us know and we would be happy to add it to/update our Lithuania travel guide.
Lithuania Weather Travel Guide
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain January?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain February?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain March?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain April?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain May?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain June?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain July?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain August?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain September?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain October?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain November?
- What is the weather like in Lithuaniain December?
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain January? – January in Lithuania is a winter wonderland! The days are cold, crisp and clear with temperatures ranging from -5 to 2 degrees Celsius. Snowfall blankets the streets of Vilnius and other Lithuanian cities adding an enchanting wintery atmosphere. Winter sports enthusiasts will find plenty of snow for skiing, sledding and ice skating on frozen ponds or city rinks. Stroll through the romantic old towns adorned with twinkling lights as you explore this historical country. Bring your warmest coat, hat and gloves as temperatures can drop below 0 at night! January in Lithuania is like stepping
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain February? – If you’re looking for a winter getaway, Lithuania is the perfect destination. February brings a mix of snow and sunshine to the country, with temperatures ranging from -2°C in the mornings up to 4-5°C during the day. You’ll be able to take part in outdoor activities such as skiing or ice skating on frozen lakes and rivers, while also being able to explore cities like Vilnius or Kaunas without having too much cold weather hindering your plans. Whether it’s taking an adventure through snowy forests or enjoying some hot chocolate indoors by a warm fire – Lithuania has
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain March? – March in Lithuania is the perfect time for a holiday! The days are getting longer and sunnier, but not too hot yet. The average temperature ranges from 6-9 degrees Celsius during the day; perfect weather to explore outdoor attractions. You can expect some rain showers throughout March, but don’t let that put you off – it only adds to the atmosphere of this beautiful country! Lithuanias stunning landscapes become even more magical with a light shower or two. So why not treat yourself and take a trip here in March? It’s sure to be an unforgettable experience
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain April? – April in Lithuania is a great time to explore the country. With temperatures ranging from 10-20 degrees Celsius during the day, it’s not too hot or cold, but just right for sightseeing and other activities. The sun shines brightly most days, allowing you to take full advantage of all that Lithuania has to offer. April usually brings plenty of rain too – perfect for hitting up some local cafes and pubs without worrying about getting soaked! If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try camping in one of the many national parks? You’ll be able to enjoy nature at its finest while still being
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain May? – May brings with it the freshness of spring in Lithuania, with temperatures gradually rising from 10 to 15 degrees Celsius. The days are sunny and bright, perfect for sightseeing around the picturesque country side. To enjoy the warmth of summer sunshine you can take a stroll along one of the many beaches or explore any number of charming towns that dot the countryside. In addition, there is a slight chance of rain showers throughout May but they tend to be short-lived and light. So pack your bag and come discover all that this beautiful Baltic country has to offer!
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain June? – June in Lithuania is an ideal time to visit. The days are warm, with temperatures typically averaging around 22°C (71°F). You can expect plenty of sunshine too – usually up to 17 hours per day! Evenings tend to cool off slightly but never drop below 12°C (54°F), so you’ll still be able to enjoy long evenings outdoors. The skies are generally clear and offer stunning views of the stars at night. Rainfall is also low during this month, making it a great time for outdoor activities like hiking and camping trips. So if you’re looking
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain July? – The weather in Lithuania during July is simply stunning. With temperatures reaching the mid-20s, it’s the perfect conditions for a summer holiday and to explore all that this beautiful country has to offer. The days are bright and sunny with not a cloud in sight, while evenings tend to be cooler but still comfortably warm – ideal for exploring Lithuania’s nightlife or just relaxing on your balcony with a glass of wine. There isn’t much rain during the summer months, so you can enjoy everything from long hikes through forests and national parks to exploring old medieval towns without worrying about getting caught in the
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain August? – Lithuania in August is a place of balmy summer days and blissful nights. The sun shines bright from morning until late afternoon, allowing visitors to enjoy outdoor activities with ease. Temperatures remain comfortable throughout the day staying between 20-25°C (68-77°F). With long stretches of sunshine during the day and cool evenings, you can expect warm but not stifling days for your holiday in Lithuania. The air remains fresh and clean due to the low humidity levels; making it perfect for exploring all that this stunning country has to offer.
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain September? – September in Lithuania is a beautiful time of year. With warm, sunny days and cool nights, it’s the perfect month to explore the sights and sounds of this European country. Temperatures range from a comfortable 20 degrees Celsius during the day to an average low of approximately 10 degrees at night. The sun shines brightly throughout much of September, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking or biking in nature reserves such as Aukštaitija National Park or admiring the historical architecture along Vilnius’ cobblestone streets. Rainfall is minimal but can occur occasionally so visitors
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain October? – October in Lithuania is a special time of year. The days are still warm with temperatures averaging between 12-15°C, while the nights become cooler and more comfortable for those who enjoy cooler evenings. With plenty of sunshine, it’s perfect weather for exploring outdoors – whether it be hiking in the countryside or wandering around charming towns and cities. There might even be some light rain during your trip to add a bit more drama to the landscape! Autumn brings vibrant colours to nature as trees blaze with shades of gold, yellow, red and orange – making any walk into an absolute delight.
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain November? – November in Lithuania is a beautiful time of year. Temperatures are cool but comfortable, with daytime highs rarely going above 57 degrees Fahrenheit and nighttime lows usually hovering near 32 degrees. It’s the perfect weather for exploring the country’s forests and parks, as well as its many castles and cathedrals. The clear skies mean that sightseeing opportunities abound, making it an ideal time to take in some of Lithuania’s stunning architecture from different angles. Moreover, there is still some snowfall during this month which adds to the wintery charm. So if you’re looking for a unique holiday destination this
What is the weather like in Lithuaniain December? – Lithuania in December is a winter wonderland, perfect for a holiday getaway! Snow blankets the landscape, creating an enchanted atmosphere with glimmering trees and frosty rooftops. The cold temperatures are balanced by occasional sunny days that bring out the beauty of Lithuania’s icy forests and villages. For those looking for some outdoor fun, there are plenty of activities such as skiing and snowshoeing to enjoy in the crisp air. Evenings can be spent around cozy firesides or exploring town squares lit up with festive lights. Make sure to pack your warmest clothes if you visit Lithuania during December –
One big concern my team and I have when we travel is what will we eat! I am a big foodie and love to try everything I can the more unique the better. If you want to find out more about the type of food and cuisine in Lithuania check out the food page (Whats the food like in Lithuania?)
Landmarks in Lithuania
After the weather and food, our attention normally turns to what is there to do in Lithuania or whats worth visiting. We have created a list of landmarks, places or interests and attractions to get your travel journey started – What tourist attractions are in or near Lithuania?
The Capitol of Lithuania is Vilnius
When heading off to a country for the first time it’s always a good idea to read up on the capital city. and we have prepared a short guide about Vilnius to get you started.
Hotels in Lithuania
Finally, after reading about Lithuania’s weather, food, and tourist destinations, you might want to spend some time reading about the best hotels in Lithuania. Hotel information is always changing so please let us know if any of our reviews need updating and please feel free to share your stories and reviews from hotels you visit in both Lithuania to help others on their travels. Also, feel to check out our hotel map from Booking.com to quickly find a hotel in Lithuania.
Weather Stories and Reviews from Our Team/Clients in Lithuania
Lithuania is a unique country, and its weather is no exception. As a tourist visiting Lithuania for the first time, I was surprised by how varied the climate could be from one day to the next!
One day it would be sunny and warm with temperatures reaching into the high twenties Celsius, then suddenly it would drop down to single digits overnight. The winds here can also be quite strong, so much so that umbrellas are almost useless against them! This means you really need to dress in layers if you want to stay comfortable.
The rain in Lithuania has a special flavor all its own
Do you have a story to share about a visit to Lithuania? We would love to hear about it and add it here! Please feel free to comment at the bottom of this page or fill in our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About the weather in Lithuania
Here at Tuchman Travel Guide, we are always trying to help if you have a question about an upcoming trip that our site does not answer just leave a comment below and we will try to get back in touch ASAP!
- 1. Is Lithuania’s weather usually cold and rainy?
- 2. Does the winter season bring a lot of snowfall to Lithuania?
- 3. How hot does it get in summertime in Lithuania?
- 4. Are there many thunderstorms during the spring months in Lithuania?
- 5. Does autumn generally bring windy conditions to Lithuania?
1. Is Lithuania’s weather usually cold and rainy? – Lithuania’s climate is like a dream come true. In the summer, I can bask in warm sunshine and enjoy days that are filled with bright blue skies and refreshing breezes. The temperature usually hovers around 75 degrees Fahrenheit during this time of year, making it perfect for sightseeing or simply soaking up the atmosphere. During winter months, temperatures drop to freezing levels but still remain comfortable as long as you bundle up properly! Snowfall is also common during this season which creates a beautiful blanket of white over the landscape. No matter what time of year I visit Lithuania, I’m sure to have an unforgettable experience
2. Does the winter season bring a lot of snowfall to Lithuania? – Lithuania’s weather is quite unique! I’m feeling the brisk air and seeing the trees changing color as autumn arrives. It’s so beautiful, and a bit different from what I am used to back home. The days are sunny with a chill in the air that makes me want to cozy up by a fire. The nights are cold but peaceful, filled with stars twinkling in the sky. I love how Lithuania has four distinct seasons, each offering something special for visitors like me to explore and enjoy!
3. How hot does it get in summertime in Lithuania? – Lithuania is known for its diverse climates and weather, and the Netherlands is no different. From warm summers to cold winters, this country experiences a wide range of temperatures throughout the year. During summer months, you can expect balmy days with plenty of sunshine – perfect for exploring nearby cities or relaxing along one of the many picturesque beaches. In wintertime, temperatures drop significantly and snowfall is quite common. Although it can be chilly outside, there are plenty of cozy cafés where you can take shelter from the cold while enjoying traditional Dutch treats like stroopwafels or poffertjes!
4. Are there many thunderstorms during the spring months in Lithuania? – Lithuania
It’s absolutely stunning in Lithuania! The days are sunny and warm, with temperatures usually hovering around 70°F. The nights can be cool but still comfortable for sleeping – perfect for stargazing. During the summer months there is hardly any rain, and you’ll have plenty of opportunity to explore the great outdoors.
5. Does autumn generally bring windy conditions to Lithuania? – Lithuania spring and early summer are your best bet. The mild temperatures make it an ideal time to explore Lithuania’s many parks, forests, and other outdoor attractions. Or why not take a trip to the coast for some beach-side relaxation No matter when you choose to visit, you’re sure to enjoy all that Lithuania has to offer!